Search

Monday, April 1, 2019

Room 19’s Art Gallery Part 1

This week we will begin our Journey’s story called “The Dot.”  It is about a student that feels they can’t draw and do artwork.  Since I love art, galleries, and museums, I wanted to create that experience for my students and dive into art with the story and a gallery.  I spent the weekend setting up the gallery in Room 19.  Most of my students have never visited a gallery or museum of any kind.  When they entered the classroom today, they were surprised by the room’s transformation.  After putting away their belongings, they sat on the floor, as usual, and began examining the art more closely. I had put the name of our art gallery on the whiteboard, so the class figured out what this was called.   I asked the class if they would like to get up and walk around the gallery.  They jumped at this opportunity.  I recorded their explorations and a video of their sharing.  It was so encouraging they were engaging with the art.  I will be documenting our 2-week art gallery adventure here.  Stay tuned!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       


No comments: