- He played an wooden flute.
- He showed us a rock that was 2500 years old.
- The rock had a picture of a girl on it. Her name was Kokopelli.
- He let a girl play a drum.
- He told us an story about an Indian playing a flute.
- He made a wolf howl.
- He told us that the Native American Indians had different kinds of fish traps.
- He told us about different types of houses that Native Americans lived in.
- He told us that the flutes were made of different kinds of wood.
- He made an owl sound.
- He said the woodpecker taught an Native American Indian how to make a flute in a story.
- People went up to dance with the drummer.
- He taught us that some made blankets and houses out of grass.
- He showed us some pictures of Native American Indians.
- Some Indians carried their babies on a board.
- He showed us pictures of them riding horses.
- He played a song from Pocahontas the movie.
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
Today we had a man present us information about Native American Indians. Here is some of the information we learned from his presentation to us.
at 7:29 AM
Wednesday, November 12, 2014
Veterans came to McKinley School today. They told us about what they did. They showed us cool things. We saw a wooden gun used to perform a routine with. They passed a flag around respectfully. Some showed us pictures and money from other countries. A woman veteran had a jeep to help guard in the woods and in a town. Mr. Davis worked on tanks in the desert. One time dirt got into a tank's cannon and it exploded and the end was gone. No one was hurt. We love our veterans and Veteran's Day!
at 8:05 AM