Search

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Our Opinions About Pumpkins

In first grade my students must be able to "write opinion pieces in which they introduce the topic or name the book they are writing about, state an opinion, supply a reason for the opinion and provide some sense of closure."  This is our first opinion writing piece of they year.

My Opinion About Pumpkins

by Seth
I think pumpkins are great.  I like pumpkins because you can carve them.  I like pumpkins because they are fun to carve.  I like pumpkins because they can be scary.

by Chyanna
I like pumpkins because they are cute and orange.  I like pumpkins because I can eat the seeds.  I like pumpkins.

by Jasmine
I think pumpkins are great.  Some are small.  I think pumpkins are cute.  I like orange pumpkins.

by Lilah
I think pumpkins are something I really, really like. Sometimes I can use them for party decorations.  Some are big and some are small.  They make me happy.

by Elisabeth
Pumpkins are great.  Pumpkins can be jack-o-lanterns.  Pumpkins are little.  They make me so happy.

by MaryJane
I think pumpkins are great.  Pumpkins are big. Pumpkins are cute.  Pumpkins are jack-o-lanterns.  I love pumpkins.

by Emma
I like pumpkins because they are cute.  I like to plant the pumpkin seeds.  I like to carve pumpkins into jack-o-lanterns.  I like pumpkins. 

by Shelby
Pumpkins are pretty.  I think pumpkins are sweet.  I like picking cute pumpkins.  I love pumpkins.

by Tyeson
I think pumpkins are something I do not like.  I do not like picking pumpkins.  I do not like them because they have too many seeds.  I do not like pumpkins!

by Destiny G.
I think pumpkins are great.  I like pumpkins.  Some pumpkins are orange. Pumpkins are brown.  Pumpkins are green.  Pumpkins are yellow.  They have faces. 

by Emily
I think pumpkins are great.  I like them because they are funny.  I like jack-o-lanterns because they have faces on them.  They can grow little.  I like pumpkins.

by Wyatt
I think pumpkins are great. Carving is fun. Jack-o-lanterns can be made into any kind of face.  Pumpkins can be orange or green.

by Trinton
I think pumpkins are great.  I like carving pumpkins.  Pumpkins can be scary.  Pumpkins are fun to light.

by Garrett
Pumpkins can be carved.  Jack-o-lanterns can be scary. I like pumpkins.

by Destiny B.
I think pumpkins are great.  Pumpkins are cool looking.  They are small.  Pretty pumpkins are little.  Pumpkins are cute and sweet.  I like to eat seeds.  They are yummy.  I love pumpkins.

by TaNaeyah
Pumpkins are not my favorite fruit.  I do not like pumpkins because they are gooey.  They are slimey.  Pumpkins are gross!

by Sara
I think pumpkins are great. They are pretty.  I like pumpkins because they turn into jack-o-lanterns.  I like pumpkins.


No comments: